[HCDX]: Re: JOCP-846??

I wonder if anyone could verify whether the NHK-1 station JOCP still
broadcasts on 846 kHz from Koriyama?

It was heard on the west coast of Vancouver Island in late 1996, in
parallel with the Tokyo station on 594 kHz, but I seem to have been the
only person to have reported it from western North America.  Now, John
Bryant heard a station with Japanese talk on 846 kHz while DXing at
Grayland on the Washington state coast.  He lived in Japan some years ago,
and is pretty sure about the language.

However, the World Radio TV Handbook has not listed this or any Japanese
station on 846 kHz for several years.  Does anyone know anywhere up to date
where we could find this information?  (I don't have a working address for
Sonny Ashimori...)

best wishes,

Nick

Victoria, BC, Canada