RE: [HCDX]: Big three from Australia heard

RE: [HCDX]: Big three from Australia heard

Joe Talbot:

Thanks for the email. I sent a separate private email to another HCDXer
today where I noted there was a major geomagnetic storm about 8 hours
before my PNG and Australian intercepts. Maybe that explained how two of
the Australians disappeared into the cosmic mud shortly after I heard
them :)

I'm just becoming active again in SWL after a year or so lay off. There
is a very noticeable positive effect of the Internet and great
information on-line that once just didn't exist - and it's only getting
BETTER!! No need for us to be lonely. I've gotten several personal
replies and already feel a far greater sense of community than was once
possible. I used to go to the MT Conventions in Atlanta. This way it's
cheaper and even more interesting people to hear from. I hope to join a
Dxpedition and attach my receiver to a Beverage or log periodic. I'm
trying to get an invite to the old Cold War listening post where I once
was assigned where they still have a Wullenweber [Misawa, Japan]. Now
THAT would be orgasmic!!

BTW, Vietnam on 5925 KHz is a regular here on the West Coast of the USA
[for me]. If your missing it, you might try again. I really appreciate
the contributions of those like Phil Atchley and some of the "old" but
really interesting stuff I am finding that Don More has put on the Web.
Plenty of others have helped renew my interest. Between the newly
erected Alpha Delta DX-SWL Sloper, the solar cycle, and HCDX I feel like
a kid at Christmas. So may tropicals, so little time!

Thanks to all, there are others who have posted great stuff that I
haven't mentioned but appreciate none the less.

Thomas B. Roach
Somewhere in the Sierra mountain's foothills
PGP key upon request