Re: [HCDX]: Waianakarua 2000 DXped

Paul Ormandy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Report on Waianakarua DXpedition 2000 now on the SPDXR web-site... see URL
> below and click on link on the Index page...

Looks like fun!

I went out to my planned local DX spot with a friend yesterday, it is in a gum
forest area but not too overgrown. The location we could use has about a 200
metre run at 60 degrees, running close to a bush track so easy to get to - and
I can try the radials. Slight drop in elevation over the distance, but nothing
steep. About 150 metres ASL, and 3km from nearest house, 6km from nearest town
with a ridge between. Only possible problem is the 110kV powerlines about 500m
away parallel, though I couldn't hear any noise on the car radio, obviously
different from the AOR with longwire!

Best advantage - 16km from home - 4km on dirt. And 22 minutes drive in
daylight, so maybe 30 at night.

Sounds very promising - we might go and try it in the next week or so, even
though it is early for the best DX. Then we will know if it worthwhile when it
gets cold!

Richard