Re: [HCDX]: Why QSL? (was: Re: addresses)

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 00:49:53 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>totally agree with Don  and Bjarne. I have never been a QSL hunter myself
>and I don't understand why some DXers "extort" replies from radio stations
>by going through embassies and consulates. This behavior will only further
>reduce the amount of QSL cards being issued. How the hell is the supposed to answer QSL requests?
>Come on friends, let's give these poor fellows a break!
>
>73, Enzio

Hi Enzio,

I am such a guy wich ask as last attempt a embassy to help me to QSL a station,
for me this is not a diffrence when you visit a station and ask a QSL and the
way I do.
When I ask a embassy to help:before that I have send many follow up reports
without any QSL result.
And really there are still stations left wich NOT QSL after embassy help, when
they not want to QSL they just don't do It, with or without embassy help!
Embassy help is not a pressure to the station to QSL, in some cases I get the
wanted QSL allright.
I think it is just a attetion to the station, how I would love to have their
QSL, and the trouble I take to contact a embassy to help, nothing more.
 Bye for now,

Ruud