[HCDX]: R. Verdad QSL

R. Verdad   4052.5   Chiquimula, Guatemala  I received today a very nice n/d color QSL card, f/d letter in EG from v/s: Dr. Édgar Amilcar Madrid Morales, Manager; and (get this) a bright red felt covered pressboard in the shape of a house w/ raised lettering inscribed "Dios bendiga este hogar" (God Bless this house). It's about 6x9 inches with a picture hook. All this in 1 month for $1 (w/ receipt from station). The full name of the station is 'Estación Educativa Evangélica Radio Verdad'. They are using 800 watts into a bi-pole full wave oriented NE/SW. Sched is 1125-0120 UTC. Power goes out all of the time and they are not using a compressor so they are purposely overmodulating to compensate. What Glenn and I heard in reference to their call letters TGW-1 is actually SW-1 or 'Short Wave One'. When they get their call letters they will probably be TGAV. I quote "Now, you have won a prize, which we offered to the person who would report Radio Truth from the farthest away area" referring to the felt-board. They have been reported in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Cuba, DR and (apparently) I was the first from the USA. Address is:  Apartado 5, Chiquimula, Guatemala.

Terry Palmersheim, KC7LDP/FOØPAM