Von: Pentti Lintujarvi <pentti.lintujarvi@xxxxxxxx>
An: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: Dienstag, 25. April 2000 17:51
Betreff: Re: [HCDX]: UNID Asians

As for number 1 station - yes it is most probably RTM Kajang. Although I've still not heard any ID, the programming hints strongly that way (although I'm not familiar with the culture of SEA countries, thinking this was Sri Lanka - shame on me!). For example an Islamic px at 1555 and National Anthem sung at 1600 (local midnight).  The station is believed to be 24 h now and maybe with a new transmitter, since I haven't heard in 20 years with this kind of signal.

As for the station on 4946.74, the issue is more complicated.  On the evening of 24th of April I listened to an AIR station on 4947.17 at 1530 with the usual 'News At Nine' -px. No local ID heard. The fqy kept drifting downwards and at 1600 it was 4947.06. So I guess this must be the same station I heard signing off at 1700 on 23rd of April.

I listened to the recording from the 23rd and I hear the ID (if it is an ID) like this "Akashma habartaki, ema Gorakhpura".

Has anybody heard that AIR Gorakhpur would start on short wave?

73 de Pentti Lintujarvi, Finland