RE: [HCDX]: PNG and Solomons heard

Whoops!

I had written myself a note on my PNG list of stations to listen for.
The note said to listen to the Solomon Islands on 4960. No idea why I
wrote that down. Might have been something I read from any number of
posts or sources of sometimes erroneous information. Anyway, I did
listen. I heard the lady in French, barely audible. Then I did look in
Passport 2000 and while the time wasn't right, the French was. Passport
clearly said it is Vanuatu, but in my sleepy stupor I assumed that this
is one more place that has renamed itself, like Burma to Myanamar. As
for times not being right, now that daylight savings time is here many
of my sources have the "wrong" times, so I didn't pay it a lot of
attention. Now scraping egg off my face.

Oh well, the PNG stuff was good and the Solomons made "good sense" given
the propagation at that time of day. Thanks for straightening me out!!
Next time I will wait for dawn and a clearer brain before posting such
nonsense. Pretty soon I'll have the good sense to research all those
time stations I hear on 5 MHz. At least I didn't post them!!

Thomas B. Roach
Listening with Watkins-Johnson HF-1000
Antenna: Alpha Delta DX-SWL Sloper
QTH: California's Sierra Nevada mountain foothills