Re: [HCDX]: Victoria MW going to FM

At 10:28 PM 5/3/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>Does anyone know which Victoria MW stations are leaving MW for FM? I
>>have heard CJVI & CKXM are. Anyone know and when are they leaving MW?
>>73s,
>>Patrick

Tonight I heard 1200 announce that they will be leaving the air "in May
2000".  The programming otherwise seems to be just "X-91".

Looks like it will be soon, then.  Haven't heard anything more about CBC
French taking over the channel.

I believe Patrick already got the answer re CJVI (see his quote below from
AM NewsFlash) .  They still need CRTC approval to move.  (They already have
local DXers' approval).

best wishes,

Nick

>MaryJo Molzan - mmolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
>We have an application in to the CRTC and hoping for approval by July/
>Aug for launch in the Fall. Please keep enjoying the 'oldies' for now...
>and I'm sure we'll come up with something you like if we 'flip' to FM
>Mary Jo. Molzan-Gibbons, Promotions Manager, AM900 (CJVI)

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, B.C.
Canada

e-mail: Nick_Hall-Patch@xxxxxxxxx