Re: [HCDX]: Alpha Delta Dx-Swl Opinions

I used one of these exclusively for a year in Athens, Ohio
in 1988-89 and was very pleased with it. It did quite well
despite being in an unusual location. I lived on the side
of a hill in that hilly Appalachian town. The antenna
itself was about 12 meters above ground at the high end and
about 3 meters above ground at the low end. However, just
ten meters north of the antenna was the hillside,
effectively making it "below ground" from the north. The
hill continued to go down to the south, making the antenna
relatively high in that direction. Despite the odd
location, it did well and I got some good catches with it.

Later I used it for three years in Michigan. While the
Alpha-Delte certainly couldn't compete with the 240 meter
beverage I was able to erect there, it certainly held its
own as a good all-purpose antenna.

I've never bothered to put it up at my current location,
where I have been for 8 years, because I have had several
other antennas and haven't felt the need. I also wouldn't
sell it though. I still think of it as a good antenna that
I might want to use again someday.

=====
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx
Radio: http://www.swl.net/patepluma