Re: [HCDX]: Radio 4VEH website

Hi,

I fish out this about one month old mail because to some sources today the
May 20 is the 50th Anniversary of 4VEH. The own website mentions the June 2
when they went on the air.

I saw the website, there are also pages with the station's history. In this
pages is mentioned AM and FM but nothing about shortwave. So somebody who
don't know their past don't realises that the station was also on
shortwaves. However this is not the first time I saw a history page of a
radiostation where isn't mentioned anything about shortwave though they
used it in the past. Perhaps they considered it isn't worth to mention
something from the past that don't have any importance for the present.

It cannot be forgotten that 4VEH began its broadcast on shortwaves. For
instance in the 1971 WRTH I found  4 VEH with:
2450 kHz 	0.25 kW
6120	  	2
9770		0.35
11835		2.5
15280		0.1 (experimental)

Sometime in the 80s they went to the tropical band frequency 4930 kHz with
1.5 kW.
In the TDP a saw mentioning tree 10 kW shortwave transmitters with starts
in 1953, 1961 and 1969. Well, the question is if those transmitters were
used only at reduced powers mentioned in the WRTH?

73s
Erich Bergmann