Re: [HCDX]: High Adventure South Lebanon

Re: [HCDX]: High Adventure South Lebanon

I'm afraid there will be nothing to watch or listen
for that matter...
Nick Pashkevich just forwarded to me this article:

Cumbre DX Special May 24, 2000

   "Firstest with the Bestest" http://www.cumbredx.org

   Contributor Hans Johnson AZ

   LEBANON/ISRAEL Voice of Hope R.I.P. Voice of
   Hope is no more. Due to the Israeli withdrawal from

   Lebanon, the station went off the air on Saturday,
May
   20th. The station continues to operate on FM and
have
   studios in Metulla, Israel, but the shortwave and
AM transmitters
   have been crated up. As a replacement, there are
now
   new transmissions via Julich, Germany, as follows:
   For the Middle East 0800-1200 21590 kHz
   1200-1600 21460 kHz
   For Russia, Europe, and Africa 1700-2100 11985 kHz
   It was thought that High Adventure might want to
try
   and set up the crated shortwave transmitters in
Israel. However,
   this does not seem to be terribly important as they
report that
   the signal is better via Julich. All the above is
per High
   Adventure. (DIRECT Johnson Cumbre DX Copyright May
   24)

--- "Dr. Hansjoerg Biener"