[HCDX]: DX in Denmark during magnetic storm

[HCDX]: DX in Denmark during magnetic storm

Dear friends,

   I tried last night when the first wave from the solar eruptions had reached the Earth and made the following observations:
        DX-conditions near Copenhagen on the 60, 49 and 31 mb were good, but a high level of cracking static noise was noted. Since a High Pressure was covering Denmark and our sky was cloudless, it is most probable that this QRN derived from the geomagnetic storm and not thunderstorms. I heard stations from all directions (East: Indonesia), South (West Africa), SW (Brazil), West (Guatemala) and NW (Canada and USA). It was noted that the stations directly from South (Niamey and Benin) were extremely strong, but also that CFVP in Calgary, Alberta, Canada probably made its 100 watts signal through the aurora belt to Denmark with the direct path passing Nuuk on Greenland. Here are my best loggings:

BENIN

5025  ORTB Parakou, June 8, 2140-2202*, Nice instrumental music with very clear reception, Closing announcement in French, time check and National Anthem. SINPO 45444 (Petersen)

CANADA

6030    CFVP Calgary (tentative), June 9, 0345-0400, faint signal coming through much noise on this frequency while SWR3, Germany was off. Most of the time fast talks in English with North American accent and one song. No ID heard, but Joe Talbot living 155 km north of the station a few weeks confirmed that it is broadcasting 24 hours a day relaying CKMX. SINPO here 22232 until SWR3 signed on exactly at 0400 and covered the frequency. (Petersen)

LIBERIA

5100  Liberian Communications Network, Totota, June 8, 2130-2140, English religious talk often mentioning Liberia. 33333 (Petersen)

NIGER

5020.8  La Voix du Sahel, Niamey, June 8, 2150-2202*, reactivated after 5 months absence, news in French, flute and muslim prayer, closing announcement with ID, flute and National Hymn. Very strong 45444 (Petersen)

Best 73, Anker