RE: [HCDX]: Congo 7205 ?

I heard Lubumbashi too!  Tuned in at 2000 and I was surprised by the signal.
SINPO 24343.  I think this is much stronger than the listed 10 KW. Heard
lots of Afropop and messages in French for families and others. Lubumbashi
often mentioned. At 2027, the Portuguese programme from the BBC via Meyerton
was spoiling the game, but Lubumbashi could still be heard faintly
underneath.  BTW the BBC is targeting this programme at Angola.  That must
be a mess in the target area.

After 2100, the frequency is clear again but the VOA newsreader on 7210 kHz
is causing too much side splash. From 2115 again better signal. Rechecked at
2130 after VOA sign off but Lubumbashi was gone.  On 7210 I heard however
another French speaking African station. This could be Benin or Senegal. At
2154 Yunnan CHN came on the air but the African station was soon keeping the
stronger signal.  Put the minidisk on and went asleep.

Guido.