RE: Re[2]: [HCDX]: Congo 7205 ? Yes !

> Would be a good catch. But I'm not sure it is Lubumbashi. Just now (1840
> UTC) they have talks on Congo in local language with lots of French
> borrowings, but from time to time there is an English summary comparing
> things "with us in Nigeria". Also the signal sounds too strong for a
> prehistoric 10 kW congolese transmitter.  Let's see if they ID on top of
> the hour.

It's Lubumbashi for sure.  Although I didn't hear an ID, they were talking
about 'La Comité Central de Lubumbashi'; 'L'université de Lubumbashi'; 'Les
étudiants Kantangais' etc.  This was followed by readings from letters
received from citizens with messages for other family members.  When
listening again to my recording I must say that an overall merit of 3 was a
little bit to high.  It's rather 2.

It is however doubtful if they are still using that ancient 10 KW
transmitter. They may have installed a new one to 'serve' the occupied
Congolese territories.

Today 13/6 the reception is much weaker.

Guido.