[HCDX]: QSL Radio Congo

Hi,

very nice surprise in my letter box today: RTV Congo (5985 kHz) confirmed my
reception report of 1 May 2000 with a very nicely written personal letter
signed by Alphonse Bouya-Dimi, Station Director. In my french reception
report, I had enclosed one USD and a postcard of Denia.

According to Mrs Bouya-Dimi, Radio Congo broadcasts a Spanish news bulletin
daily from 2200-2215h local time. I haven't heard this program yet, but the
Station Director is asking for reception reports for this transmission, so
all you Spanish-speaking folks out there, there is a challenge for you.

According to the information provided, the station transmits daily from 1600
to 1800 on 9610 kHz and from 1800h onward on 5985 kHz using a  Siemens
transmitter with 100 kW output.

BTW, this is the first QSL from Congo I have seen reported in many years.

73, Enzio