[HCDX] WFÄX in Färila, Sweden 1602 kHz

Hi,

I was surprised Monday evening July 10th on 1602 kHz to receive signals
from the first private and licensed Swedish MW-station since 1924. It is a
local station established and licensed (=RSL) at Färila, 350 kms north of
the capital Stockholm. The power is 55 watts and fq 1602 kHz. The distance
between Färila and my shack is 700 kms.  At 2125 UTC they came in quite
good for about 10-15 mins and then drowned in the Hungarian, Italian,
Spanish and UK stations on the fq. I have checked with the staff and they
confirmed my reception. They played a tape with MoR music nonstop.

The station will be on the air until Sunday for the local festivitas. On
Friday just after 2200 UTC they will have a special program for DX-ers.
Look out for it.

Best regards/  Bengt