Re: [HCDX] What rigs and antenna does everyone use?

Re: [HCDX] What rigs and antenna does everyone use?

My selection consists of a number of sets!

AOR AR7030 with extra filter measured at 3.8 kHz (usual set)
Sony ICF 6800
National Panasonic RF-B65 portable (my travelling set)
Trio 9R59DS - great old valve set
Murphy B40D - battleship valve set
Bendix MN26C (modified) - MW only valve set

There is also some old radio/cassette unit in the bedroom that covers SW, as
does the handheld scanner. Much to my wife's horror, that is 8 different SW
capable radios for 1 listener.

Aerials at the moment are a T2FD folded dipole capable of down to 3.9 MHz, and a
30m longwire. I did have a terminated loop (half a K9AY) up for MW, this is
being rebuilt to a proper K9AY configuration when the next door neighb our
finishes his tree trimming excercises!

I also have a bush DX spot about 25 minutes drive, 3km from the nearest house in
a state forest. When we go there that has a 300m longwire and the AOR running
off a spare car battery.

Richard - loacted 80km north of Sydney, Australia