[HCDX] 657 in South Africa

Dear SWL's,

The freq. of 657 is for Radio Pulpit. At the
same site and mast is also Radio Metro
which is also on FM country wide.

When we do maintenance which must be after
midnight our time (22:00 UTC) we must obtain
permission from Radio Metro to switch off. From
Radio Pulpit we do not obtain permission because
they should be off. However on quite a few occasions
we had to wait for them as they sometimes carry on
untill 00:30 our time (22:30 UTC).  This is no problem
to us as we do maintenance on  R Metro while R Pulpit
carry on. Once R Pulpit stop the freq. should be clear.
Whatever you hear on 657 must be from outside the
RSA. I will however make some enquiries.

Just out of curiosity how far away has R Pulpit 657 and
R Metro 576 been heard.

Best wishes from South Africa,
André du Toit
E-mail:-  adutoit@xxxxxxxxxx