RE: [HCDX] RE: QSLs for Radio Ecclesia

Ralph Brandi wrote:

>I guess that makes my QSL from your Spanish department of the BBC in
>Spanish on 5975 kHz via Bonaire when the transmitter site in Antigua
>was down after a hurricane doubly rare, then.

Hmm, you've got me there. When was that? Since I have been at RNW (end of
1997) our policy has been only to verify our own transmissions. BTW I might
have added that, personally, I would tend not to burden Radio Ecclesia with
requests for QSL's at this time. The station's staff are being harrassed by
the authorities, and the sole reason for being on shortwave is to reach the
rest of Angola. They are not interested in knowing that they can be heard in
Europe or North America. I understand the desire for a QSL card that will be
a collector's item in the years to come, but there's a risk that if they are
swamped by unwanted mail from overseas they might decide being on shortwave
is not worth the hassle. And, given that they are the only domestic source
of uncensored news in rural Angola, that would be a tragedy.

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt