[HCDX] A NorDX '99 question

This was the first time I took part in the Nordic DX Championships (NorDX
'99).  After reviewing the final results I keep wondering what was the
reference the competition logs were checked against? In the rules §7 the
following rule (a.o.)  is stated for deleting the station from the contest:
'The organizing committee has been unable to obtain sufficient information
about the programme broadcast'

So, how the 'sufficient information' was obtained?

I guess it must have been provided by the station in question - in the form
of hi-fi recording of the programme or/and printed programme log with all
the details providing programme points listed. Otherwise, I think it must be
very difficult to judge the logs. So, how it's done?

What made me really puzzled was the review (in the 'Final Results' -document
posted to all participants) of CHNX 6130. In the review the programme was
described with following words: 'Lots of talk about NorDX '99, plenty of
well known pop songs and the exciting story of the station right from the
start in 1928'.

"plenty of well known pop songs" !!!! I re-listened the recording I made of
the CHNX at the time and I didn't hear a single pop song in the whole 15
minutes, except a 20 secs fragment of an old song that I concluded to be a
part of some old radio -spot. However I'm sure I was listening the
competition programme by CHNX as there were plenty of ID's just before and
in the beginning of programme. The signal was weak but steady and I'm sure I
would have noticed 'plenty of pop songs' played. Is there some kind of
mystery here?

However, the competition is over and I'm sure the best DXers surfaced up.
Congratulations to Gert Nilsson for winning third time in a row!

73 de PUL,
Pentti Lintujärvi, Helsinki, Finland
Webmaster of 1000 Lakes DX Page at
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/3232/dx.htm