Re: [HCDX] Help with 657 kHz?

At 12:36 17.7.2000 -0200, you wrote:

I wonder if someone can help me get an idea of who this is:
Using a 350-metre wire aimed at South Africa, on 657 kHz I picked up a
programme of operatic music from 0124 until I lost the signal at 0142 UTC,
17 July. The signal was weak and was heavily QRMed by RNE Radio 5 from
Madrid. The South African Meyerton transmitter came to mind since I was
hearing other stuff from southern Africa...Punt Gessels Radio on 1332 and
729, Xhosa on 846, and possibly R. Cidade on 1377 (need to check the tape
on this last one).  European signals, other than Iberian Peninsula
stations, were essentially non-existant. The usual source of opera on MW,
Italy, should not have been on at that time, plus other Italians were not
audible.

RAI was audible last night at 0030 //846,900.

73, Mauno