Re: [HCDX] Poland

> The Polish frequency of 1080 kHz was activated on Saturday July 29th.
> Polskie Radio used earlier a tx at Koszecin with 375 kW, but have been off
> for a few years. I heard it from 19oo-21oo UTC when they suddenly closed
> without any ID. During the 2 hour transmissions there was no ID at full
> hour. It was a lot of talking and my Polish is not good, but it was a lot
> of religous talking. The reception was like local. Anybody among the
> members knowing what is going on. Any organization renting airtime from
> Polskie Radio ?
> Regards/ Bengt

Hi all,
Radio Maryja (= Maria) is using 1080 kHz now (otherwise on FM only).
It is a Polish religious station.
I heard it at these times:
Friday - 1215 UTC; no signal at 1330
Saturday - no signal at 1215; the station was on at around 2000 UTC
Sunday - no signal at 1215; no monitoring in the evening
I think I will know more during the days to come...

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic