Re: [HCDX] Re: Hard-Core-DX digest, Vol 1 #52 - 18 msgs

Guy Atkins wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> If you can locate a supply of the mineral called Bentonite, it makes an
> excellent ion-rich (and non-corrosive) backfill for ground rods and
> grounding systems. Professional antenna installations and electrical
> substations use Bentonite for lowering the resistance to earth.

I just did a search for "Bentonite" in Australia, and apparently it is used to
make kitty litter.That's a cheap way of getting it - I will have to have a look
at the kitty litter bags and see if they say what they are made out of.
Apparently look for "clumping" litters - bad for cats if they eat it, but good
to tip into the ground :-)

Richard