[HCDX] ADMIN: Hard-Core-DX.com adapts new copyright policy

[HCDX] ADMIN: Hard-Core-DX.com adapts new copyright policy

Please read this as it is very important...

Hard-Core-DX.com has always been strong advocate of free flow of DXing
information; news, loggings, QSL information etc. Until now we have had
rather loose copyright policy:

"Redistribution of the material is allowed if the source of the
material is properly stated as "Hard-Core-DX.com" and that the origial
contributor is mentioned."

It has become necessary to clarify this but still be compatible with the
above statement.

Hard-Core-DX.com adapts GNU Free Documentation License as the official
copyright policy.

Many of the members on this list are familiar with GPL that is used for
software but same group has also produced compatible license for
documentation. We're now bringing all the new content we're providing under
GNU Free Documentation License 1.1.

You can read the full legal text of the license from
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.

To summarize the new license it will mean:

"You may copy and distribute the Document in any medium, either
commercially or noncommercially, provided that this License, the
copyright notices, and the license notice saying this License applies
to the Document are reproduced in all copies, and that you add no other
conditions whatsoever to those of this License.  You may not use
technical measures to obstruct or control the reading or further
copying of the copies you make or distribute.  However, you may accept
compensation in exchange for copies.  If you distribute a large enough
number of copies you must also follow the conditions in section 3."

"You may copy and distribute a Modified Version of the Document under
the conditions of sections 2 and 3 above, provided that you release
the Modified Version under precisely this License, with the Modified
Version filling the role of the Document, thus licensing distribution
and modification of the Modified Version to whoever possesses a copy
of it."

You still must give credit to HCDX when you use the material.

Your modified publication must also be licensed under GFDL.

Also, please remember that when you are posting material to the list you're
agreeing that the material will be licensed under GFDL. Very important change
with this license is that anyone using material under GFDL list is NOT
allowed to modify licensing terms of the material they are using and the
modified publication must also be licensed under GFDL.

We would like to invite and encourage other publications in Internet and
printed medium to adapt GFDL as their official copyright policy. By bringing
DXing material under free license we will be able to get information to
listeners without restrictions or obstructions. Purpose of the clarification
is to serve all our subscribers and every DXer in the Internet to make
Internet serve them better as a source of DXing information.

If you have any questions regarding the new license feel free to discuss it
on the list or email directly to me.

73!

Risto Kotalampi
Hard-Core-DX.com