Re: [HCDX] NPR broadcasting from Diego Garcia?

Re: [HCDX] NPR broadcasting from Diego Garcia?

A huge signal here in Australia of 6350 (Iceland listed) now at 1130 UTC, with
report from the AFN weather centre.

I've just run an online prediction for the path (useful tool this - look at
http://www.ips.gov.au/asfc/current/mpred.html ). At no time of day should I get
propagation from Iceland to Australia on 6 MHz, the lowest forecast is 10 MHz at
around 2000. At the moment 12 MHz is the bottom. With the strength, I doubt if
Iceland is the culprit here, especially as the weather forecast was from the
Pacific region.

Guam comes up as likely, Diego Garcia and Sicily are not possible at this time
either. I guess the US or Puerto Rico sites would also be possible as well.

Richard