[HCDX] Radio Caroline/Radio London

Just to confirm that Radio Caroline is blasting in here on 1296kHz from
Orfordness (for one day only). I cannot hear any trace of 5935kHz which is
supposed to be in parallel. It's also on its usual Astra satellite
transponder, of course.

Perhaps of more interest to this group is the fact that 1584 The Bells
(formerly Radio Caroline) on 1584kHz in Utrecht, here in the Netherlands is
also up to some tricks this weekend. According to their Web site at
www.radiocaroline.nl they were hoping to relay the Radio London RSL from the
UK which is operating on 1143kHz throught 28 August, also on the Web at
www.bigl.co.uk. The relay on 1584 kHz is cheduled to continue through the
night to 1700 UTC tomorrow (20 August). However, I just checked (0930 UTC)
and at the moment they're carrying their own music with ads in Dutch and no
presenter. The Radio London site also mentions the relay on 1584, so maybe
it will show up in the course of the day if they can get an audio feed
established.

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt