Re: [HCDX] unid signal on MW 579 kHz in Poland

Re: [HCDX] unid signal on MW 579 kHz in Poland

Kris Rybus wrote:
Could someone help me in identifying the signal which I hear here in Poland
every day on medium wave  for a recent couple of days, usually from about
08.00 until 12.00 UTC and sometimes later. I made the recording and posted
it on my website www.rybus.net
The signal is always the same, but usually on 576 kHz; today it was on 579
kHz. I recorded it Aug. 20, 2000 at 15.30 UTC. Is someone testing on MW in
Poland? Please drop me a line if you know something. Kris Rybus, Warsaw,
Poland. radiodx@xxxxxxxxxx

This info is to be found on the HCDX web site -- not a bad place to check on the Web ;-)
Direct link:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/mw/mwindex.html

Polish medium wave bonanza
Poland will soon become a new DX target for medium wave DXers. A major project aims to use medium wave transmitters for local radio programming to many communities.
The organization Polskie Fale Srednie ("Polish Medium Wave") is to install 100 watt medium wave transmitters around the country. So far 50 sites have been targeted, with 8 to start in September.
Frequencies will be, among others, 531, 963, 1062, 1485 och 1602 kHz.
Every transmitter is to have a local studio, from which two hours of local programming is to be broadcast under the name "Twoje Radio" ("Your Radio"). Daily local transmissions is scheduled for 0630-0730 and 1630-1730 UTC. The stations will at other times relay regional programming from Polskie Radio. (Bernd Trutenau, Lithuania, August 2, 2000, via SweDX list)