From: Andy Sennitt <andys@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2000 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: [HCDX] mediumwave in Europe

> Martin Elbe wrote:
>
> > Bad news for european MW-DXers: Mega Radio fired up their second
> > transmitter on 1575 kHz. Listed with a daytime-power of 250 or 500
kW
> > and 1 Megawatt during nighttime. This will cause severe
interference to
> > the excellent TA frequencies 1570 and 1580 kHz.
>
> Which is a good opportunity for me to mention that the "mediumwave
revival"
> in Germany is one of the subjects that will be featured in Media
Network on
> 7 September, including Mega Radio. Also, a broadcasting colleague
told me
> last night that the Dutch station in Utrecht on 1584 kHz has changed
its
> name again. Previously "1584, the Bells" it is apparently now
calling itself
> 'Radio Paradijs' (Radio Paradise).
>
> Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
> individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not
necessarily
> reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.
>
> Andy Sennitt

> Copyright (c) 2000 Hard-Core-DX.com
>
> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no
Back-Cover Text. A copy of the license is available in
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.