RE: [HCDX] mediumwave in Europe

Martin Elbe wrote:

> Bad news for european MW-DXers: Mega Radio fired up their second
> transmitter on 1575 kHz. Listed with a daytime-power of 250 or 500 kW
> and 1 Megawatt during nighttime. This will cause severe interference to
> the excellent TA frequencies 1570 and 1580 kHz.

Which is a good opportunity for me to mention that the "mediumwave revival"
in Germany is one of the subjects that will be featured in Media Network on
7 September, including Mega Radio. Also, a broadcasting colleague told me
last night that the Dutch station in Utrecht on 1584 kHz has changed its
name again. Previously "1584, the Bells" it is apparently now calling itself
'Radio Paradijs' (Radio Paradise).

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt