RE: [HCDX] DSP599zx & ANC4

Helo, if you have a copy of the 1997 World Radio TV Handbook, take a look at
our article "Digital Signal Processing..." wherein we reviewed the Timewave
and JPS top-end units. Basically, using our JRC receivers we concluded the
599zx was a better choice for broadcast listeners due to its filter choices.

I no longer have the 599zx and could not test it with the R75 reviewed for
RN's Receiver Shopping List. From what I remember of the 1996 tests compared
to the ICOM IC-R75 with the internal DSP board, I don't believe the 599zx
would add anything to the R75 performance.

I cannot offer comments on the ANC4 or the question of importing versus
buying domestically.

Hope this helps.

Tom, W2XQ

---
Thomas R. Sundstrom <trs@xxxxxxxx>
TRS Consultants <http://www.trsc.com>
PO Box 2275, Vincentown, NJ 08088-2275, USA
+1 609 859 2447 | Fax +1 609 859 3226
Contributing Editor, Radio Netherlands' Media Network
<http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/>
Contributing Editor, 'Radio & Communications'
<http://radiomag.com/>