[HCDX] Central Asian Transmitters

Dr. Hansjoerg Biener - Wittelsbacherstr. 21 - DE-92224 Amberg - Germany

During the 1990´s we short wave listeners have gotten accustomed to
Western broadcasting using short wave transmitters in Russia and Central
Asia. From what I have heard, I understand that the international
management is done by a organization in Moscow. But, I wonder who
actually owns the transmitters in Tashkent, Almaty and Dushanbe.

Anatoly Titov
Chief of the state enterprise  "The Main Centre for Control of
Broadcasting Networks".

Dear Dr. H. Biener,
In answer to your questions we'd like to inform you that indeed our
organisation "Main Centre for Control of Broadcasting Networks" (MCCBN)
works out schedules of broadcasting in SW and MW bands for Russian State
radio broadcasting companies, commercial radio stations and also
organises rebroadcasting of foreign radio station's programmes from the
Russian territory to the third countries.
As for your second question concerning the owner of the transmitting
equipment  in Tashkent, Alma-Ata and Dushanbe, please be advised, that
they belong to State radio enterprises, which are subsequent to the
Ministries of communication service ( Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan) and
Ministry of Culture and
informatization  ( Kazakchstan).
MCCBN has the right to negotiate and sign agreements on providing
rebroadcasting of Russian radio programmes and foreign radio station's
programmes from the territories of Armenia, Kazakchstan and Uzbekistan,
and as well MCCBN can represent them at international conferences when
frequencies are chosen and registered.