[HCDX] Re: DX road trip logs on the Web/SUMMER OPENIINGS FOR DX

Mark and others:

From: Erik S/W1ZBT   microadv@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the info, Mark.

I wonder if many noticed the surprise opening to Europe/MidEast last night.
It seems to have been restricted to MW as LW and 80M (Ham DX) were
unbelievably poor-perhaps an  aurora event that all but closed 80M down to
DX.

But .Radio Norway-NRK- was unbelievably loud actually pinning the S meter
here on my Bev. and about 6 dB better than adjacent Manchester, NH and also
the next channel up (1320 kHz). So I retuned every so often and enjoyed the
opening in the widest filter position in split rx audio (pseudo stereo)

Another delight was multiple freq. reception of R. Bleue practically over
the whole dial. In fact, R Bleue and Egypt on 864 were trading signal
dominance for many hours in a bizarre blend of Arabic Koranic vocal/prayer
and French popular music that were essentially zero beat and left me
thinking when first heard that it was a new Arabic dual language blend.  I
will save the rest for the log later.