RE: [HCDX] AFRTS

I listened to the same station here in the South of Finland, at appr. 19.30
UTC on 12579 kHz (day frequency) on Thursday (and got the usual e-mail
verification yesterday, just 4 hours after I posted it). The programme was
an AFN MORNING show. Local time at Diego Garcia would be just after
midnight, which makes me wonder, how AFRTS defines daytime/nighttime in
their broadcast schedules.

Signal was weak, but VERY stable and the channel was clear except for a
utility data station whic was fortunately on some sort of standby and thus
easy to cancel with an audio notch filter.

regards,
Jyri