RE: [HCDX] AFRTS

> I listened to the same station here in the South of Finland, at appr.
> 19.30
> UTC on 12579 kHz (day frequency) on Thursday (and got the usual e-mail
> verification yesterday, just 4 hours after I posted it). The programme
> was
> an AFN MORNING show. Local time at Diego Garcia would be just after
> midnight, which makes me wonder, how AFRTS defines daytime/nighttime in
> their broadcast schedules.

Also audible in Central Europe, here in Leipzig/Germany, not so good under
9VG cw/sitor utility station, but enough for QSL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , from
where my QSL was returned in no more than 10 minutes!
 I heard them until 1508 UTC. As Chagos/Diego Garcia has something like
UTC+5, this may quite correspond to local sunset.
 Daytime/nighttime is defined locally for each tx, as I have read lately
somewhere.

73,
EiBi

--