[HCDX] Non-Ewe Antenna

Dear friends
I am interested to hear about the Ewe antenna - and thanks to those who have
added to this thread.

I do not know much about antenna theory, nor have I read the original
research on the Ewe, but there may be a way of overcoming its dependency on
a good earth.

One way of looking at the Ewe antenna is to consider it to be a giant coil
of only one turn hanging in the air.  It will be of low Q, and therefore
broadband, by the inclusion of the terminating resistance.  Of course it
completes its solitory turn via the earth.

The next thing to consider then is why bother with a ground connection at
all.  Why not run a wire back along the ground to the balun and make sure
the circuit is completed.  Where the resistance should be, or where this new
arrangement should be earthed, if at all, is a matter of conjecture.

It won't take much time and effort to experiment along these lines.

Anyone any thoughts?

Don Phillips