[HCDX] Loggings from Orcas Is, WA

Spent a very enjoyable weekend visiting with Prof. John Bryant at his newly constructed home on Orcas Is, a short ferry ride from Victoria. We even DX'd briefly using John's K9AY antenna, and my AOR 7030 + receiver.

OMAN 15355 Radio Sultanate of Oman at 0319 in English news by YL. Fair reception. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

YEMEN 9779.62 Heard at 0350 in Arabic with fair reception. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

RUSSIA Voice of Russia World Service bandscan in English at 0526 with Russian musical highlights of the 20th century: 7125 good, 7180 not heard, 12020 very good, 15445 very good, 15470 superb, 15595 superb, 17595 superb.
At 1453 7180 heard with test tones, IS and ID at 1500 with 5-5-5 signal in English. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

UZBEKISTAN 9715 Radio Tashkent at 1317 with Hindi program with good to very good reception. Parallel 7285 under cochannel Chinese. Beautiful IS at 1330, one of my very favourites into English, with "Radio Tashkent calling". Very good, with parallel 5060 fair reception. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

ERITREA 5500 Best ever reception for Voice of Tigray Revolution with good audio at 1449 with horn of Africa music until 1458, followed by talk. Nothing heard on 7515. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

AFGHANISTAN 7083.6 Voice of Shariya presumed at 1515 with very weak audio, and drifting as is usual down to 7083.49 by 1529. Usual ham QRM. (Salmaniw, Orcas Is 5 Nov).

VENEZUELA 5000 My only logging from back in Victoria. Time signal station YVTO Caracas well heard tonight under WWV and WWVH with Spanish time checks each minute at 0510. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC 7 Nov).

That's all for now folks. Good DX to you all.

Walter R. Salmaniw, MD email: salmaniw@xxxxxxxx
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA