[HCDX] VoR's Digital Test

The Russian State Radio Broadcasting Company the Voice
of Russia will soon be moving on to a qualitatively
new level of broadcasting in the short wave meter
band. On November 14 and 15 it tested broadcasting in
the AM digital band using a company Russian
transmitter and equipment provided by Thomcast
company. The signal beamed by a transmitting center in
Dubna, near Moscow, was successfully picked up in
Europe. According to the Voice of Russia chairman
Armen Oganesyan, our listeners in the world will be
able to receive our short wave programs as clearly as
they do FM programs.
(From VoR's Nov. 17 News Report)

Note:  I checked this VoR's English report against its
Russian original.  Here's the more precise rendering
of the second sentence: "On Nov. 14-15 our Radio
Company conducted digital AM-broadcasting tests, using
a Russian transmitter and equipment from Thomcast
company."  Nothing is said about "AM digital band."