[HCDX] HCDX Vol 1 #218 --hidden messages

[HCDX] HCDX Vol 1 #218 --hidden messages

>Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 02:20:53 +0000
>To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Mark Hattam <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [HCDX] Collins R390A Dilemma
>
>Is there a hidden message in here somewhere? Or have we abandoned
>plain text emails on this mail-list?
>
>Mark

Okay, after some procrastinating ... my thoughts

There are two hidden messages here. The first is the intended messge itself.
As you can see from this following line, the poster of this message used xml
(extensible markup language) to compose his message. WHY?? Who knows.

>  </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

And then if you want to spend an extra 15 or 30 minutes wading through
all this mish-mosh, you can actually pick out the hidden message
the poster intended to send. See i. a. the following line.

>"Courier New";color:black'>If so, you are in good shape. The radio is
>essentially a tuned IF with fixed</span

The second hidden message is, why there is so much complaining when
someone like Patrick Martin posts occasional QSL reports (I am NOT
a QSL'er but I like to read them), while at the same time, so many
list participants are unable or unwilling to turn OFF "post as html" in
their browsers, sending all this unnecessary html junk to the list, and
NO ONE MENTIONS IT!!    ........ Well, consider it mentioned.

Bob Foxworth