[HCDX] Radio Caroline transmitter power

An answer to an earlier query:

RE 1W ERP
I don't know the exact set up of Caroline's transmitter, but I can tell you
from experience most of the UK LPAM that use short top loaded verticals,
that Radica supply are running about 25w transmitter power to get 1w of ERP.
this is because of the in efficiency of a antenna of less than 20m in length
at medium wave frequencies.
For reference there is a good article on 136 khz amateur antennas that are
very short in length that explains the formula for all of this in January
2001 Electronics World magazine.