RE: [HCDX] Voice of Nigeria well heard

Stig Hartvig Nielsen wrote:

> The morning transmission in English from the Voice of Nigeria on
> 7255 kHz at 0500-0700 is heard rather well currently here in
> Denmark with only some slight co-channel interference. On 12/12 I
> noticed them announce that the station could also be heard on
> 15120 kHz, which everyone - probably except for the announcers at
> Voice of Nigeria - are well aware has been inactive for quite some time.

Stig's right, but coming home on the train I was reading the latest issue of
Commonwealth Broadcaster where they claim that they will have three
transmitters back on the air by the end of the year. My article Voice of
Nigeria - A New Beginning? at
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/features/html/von001010.html
has more details on this. Like Stig, I am sceptical, but don't necssarily
blame the announcers because someone has probably told them to start
announcing additional frequencies again :-)

Andy Sennitt

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.