Re: [HCDX] Huge Signal from Vanuatu!

> Hi,
> Huge signal today from Radio Vanuatu! Never in my life have I received
this
> station with such a fantastic signal! Too bad that Radio Kiribati and
Radio
> Tonga are off the air, today it would have been possible to receive them
> with a little portable radio. Here the log in detail:
>
> VANUATU: 4960 R Vanuatu 0714-0730 in F with news, 0722: yellow bird
interval
> signal (the "old, original" YB, not the one heard yesterday), 0723: pop
song
> in F, 0728: Christmas message, 0730-0735 news in E and Bislama, good to
> excellent signal (45434) (Gehrig Dec 18)
>
> Vy 73,
> Enzio Gehrig
> Dénia/Spain (38.50N 00.04E)
> JRC-535d/ALA-1530/Dipole

Hi,
now I know what is the difference. As I wrote in my previous mail, today (18
DEC) I had the best signal of Vanuatu 4960 kHz in my life. Enzio writes the
same. But at me the signal was still very week, I could recognize talk and
music (and IS too), not the language (sounded French).

What happened? There were no exceptional changes in geomagnetic indexes
these days.

GOOD DX,
Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic