Re: [HCDX] Iglesia del Pueblo (?) followup

Re: [HCDX] Iglesia del Pueblo (?) followup

Dan:

My log was listed an presumed (tentative), but it definitelty sounded Spanish
here, and it sounded like there was a co-chanmel second station with less
signal strength under the first.  The presumed second station was at times
playing music under the first and it became stronger around 0420 but I could
not make out the language.  It continued after the presumed Spanish ended,
and may have been the Russian you referred to but I went to bed.

Given the way shortwave acts anything it possible!   Some examples:
There are times I can't hear Radio Romania here, yet listeners in the
Philadelphia area have it with a booming signal at the same time.  I have
also heard Peruvians while in Emmitsburg, Maryland that I have never been
able to hear in Ohio - yet Emmitsburg is only 5.5 hours from here.  I rarely
hear Bolivians here that others a few hours farther to the east or west of me
can hear at the same time.    Depending where you are in the northeast U.S.
you may hear Lesotho or Mexico on 4800kHz (or in Northeast Ohio you hear both
when they were both on the air at the same time).

And finally, I am at the base of a very large hill we locals call "Little
Mountain".
While I don't blame it for everything, I can state that when I lived right on
Lake Erie at a location with a travel time less than 20 minutes from here I
often had better and more stable DX and reception conditions that I do here.

Lee