[HCDX] AFN USD on SW

>From Trollhättan, Sweden

Re the AFN USB stations on short wave, this was in a letter I sent  to them today. It's what has been heard  during the 7 last days. The frequencies and mode are stored in my AOR AR7030 memory for speedy checks. The reception report was for 10940.5 (Sigonella).

Those heard here are

 4319.0 around 1700  (times are UTC) generally poor signal, audible, but with a lot of interference.

(4993.0 not heard)

5765.0 Signal fair to good, in the afternoon.

6350.0 Very poor, just traceable, so far. Heard Jan 27, at 0720 with excerpts   from football games.

6458.5 The best of them all, in the evening, very strong, can be used for just listening pleasure.

(10320.0 not heard)

10940.5 Very good signal, however reception hampered by interference.  This morning good

12579.5  Fair to good signal. Readability good. Afternoon.

12689.5 Fair signal in the evening.

13362.0 Poor signal when heard.
The China Shortwave Guide  offered and provided by Bob Padula was quite a sensation to get. Many thanks
to this man and cooperators!. And to HCDX giving us the news.
________

4760  28 Jan from 1545 The station here remains a mystery to me. It was heard until 1630 when it began to
disappear under an African religious station which I believe is TWR Swaziland. But ther first one had long boring studio talks in E, and it was definitely about the India Pakistan conflict. Checking the continetal Indian stations in the 60 mb, the program on 4760 was not in // with anything. SIO 1-2, 2,1-2.

4925 28 Jan 1430 RRI Jambi with very nice music. SIO 343 Local ID at 1515.

73 JB