[HCDX] KPM556 on 25950 kHz

USA 25950, KPM556, Portland, Oregon, 2001-2345 Feb. 3,
nonstop reggae format and no anmts or ID's.  Reggae version
of Eagles' "Best of My Love" and Peter Tosh songs
"Downpressor Man" and his cover of "Johnny B. Goode" noted,
the rest was also traditional reggae and some
ska-tinged instrumentals.  Mode was AM, unlike the usual
NBFM.  Per David Crawford, they run 'special' pgming when
not relaying the station-proper.  Great signal, finally
fading down by t/out.  Per the Studio Feeders list, via
Crawford: "Dear Guido: Thank you for listing and updating
your Studio Feeders web page.  I am the chief engineer of
KGON-FM, Portland, Oregon, USA, and we  operate KPM556.  I
want you to know that we have added internet streaming audio
to the feeder, and we invite anyone to listen to it.  It
uses WinAmp or a similar player, and it is listed in the
www.shoutcast.com directory.  When we don't have a
particular studio program on the feeder, we send a reggae
music format with the KPM556 ID.  The stream can be heard at
http://209.20.223.122:8000 and a description of the station
is at http://209.20.223.122/index.htm.";  Not sure who wrote
this, but their dedicated URL directs inquiries to
lholtz@xxxxxxxx (Larry Holtz, Dir. of Engineering), and even
lists the current music playlist. Sent an e-mail to Larry
shortly after my reception, and received this wonderful
reply the following day: "Terry - Thanks for the reception
report of KPM556 on 25.950 MHz on Feb. 3, 2001.  You
obviously know a lot about reggae music.  We have a general
policy of not responding via snail mail, but your report was
so informative I must respond, so look for it in the mail.
It's interesting that you heard the station on Feb. 3,
because, shortly after you heard it, we worked on its
transmitter in an attempt to correct some distortion and
slightly low power output.  In the process we burned up some
important transisitors, so now the station is operating at
15 watts instead of its usual 100 watts.  When you heard it,
it was running at about 75 watts.  The repair parts have
been ordered, and it should be back to full power by Feb.
9th.  We probably already know that we have a web page
concerning this aux transmitter.  It is
http://209.20.223.122/index.htm  At that page you can also
listen to the active music stream whenever we are not
conducting a remote broadcast.Thanks, -- Larry Holtz, Dir.
of Engineering, Entercom Portland,
KGON/KKSN-FM,AM/KNRK/KRSK/KFXX"

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html