R: [HCDX] Niscemi Sicili * 6847khz * QSL Followup

R: [HCDX] Niscemi Sicili * 6847khz * QSL Followup

>Regarding the locations
Sigonella is located about 7 kilometers southwest of Catania, and 5 km from
the East Coast of Sicily. It is in the Valley of Catania near Motta, Sicily.
After searching several different Internet sites I finally found the
following:
Niscemi is at 37N 6' 16" and 14E 6' 25"
Sigonella is at 37N 24' 07.92" and 14E 55' 20.64"

I confirm all, 'cause I live south of Sigonella, in Scicli,
36?44'N, -14?44'E
But the Nato facility in Sicily are in Sigonella (and time ago were in
Comiso base).
Perhaps in Niscemi is only the antenna or radio relay.
Airport, base and command are in Sigonella.
Regards,
Salvo Micciche
Sicily