Re: [HCDX] Voice of America "Cannot Verify" Card

Re: [HCDX] Voice of America "Cannot Verify" Card

At 06:52 PM 3/12/2001 -0500, Lighthouse9564@xxxxxxx wrote:
USA, 1/20/2001 broadcast (via Delano?):  I listened to the Presidential
Inauguration and sent a report to VOA for 21735kHz from 1600-1720 UTC.  Today
I received a QSL card from them listing date, time, frequency, and "Cannot
verify"  written on the card !!!         Interesting since I logged them with
SINPO = 55555 on a Sony portable with a piece of wire hanging on the antenna!

Does VOA use a private contractor to handle QSLs?   If so, I assume the
contractor did not have this special broadcast on their list?

Lee, I wonder if this is following the policy of the VOA not to reply to American addressees.  Can't think of any other reason........Walt.