Re: [HCDX] XERF-1570

XERF has been under the same ownership, government IMER, as RMI, for a number of years, but I don`t believe it funxions as an outright relay (tho I suggested to RMI it should, a few years ago due to its poor reception on SW). It`s Poderosa (as in powerful), not Ponderosa (as in steakhouses).

73, Glenn Hauser

From: mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Martin)
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HCDX] XERF-1570
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:26:14 -0800 (PST)

I was listening to XERF-1570-Cd. Acuna tonight and heard them relaying
Radio Mexico Int. in SS. I did hear on the hour "XERF, Radio Ponderosa"
IDs, but no location given as "Cd Acuna", but I did hear a District
Federal location. Has XERF become just a relay for someone else like
Radio Mexico Int.? I have not been able to QSL this. Does anyone have a
Mexico City address for them?

Thanks. 73s, Patrick Martin Seaside OR KAVT Reception Manager