Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:56 PM
Subject: [HCDX] TB articles

I am researching and writing a series of articles on Tropical Band listening for the UK magazine 'Radio Active'
As well as an overview, websites and frequencies etc. I plan to conduct some email interviews with some of the prominent DXers in the area. (i.e.some fellow HCDX members!)

In the meantime there are a couple of general questions that I wonder if anyone can answer (replies will of course be credited in the articles)

1) When did the agreement to designate frequencies to Tropical countries actually occur? Is there a reference or a defined geographical region (longitude/latitude etc)?

2) What kind of receivers do listeners in tropical countries use to receive shortwave? I've not seen any shortwave receivers on display in the tropical countries that I have visited.

Many thanks

Chris

Chris Brand
Hale, Cheshire, UK