[HCDX] URUGUAY 9620 SODRE active 24h

URUGUAY 9620 SODRE They have started to keep this xter on the air 24h, or at
least during the period 0300-1000 which is the new nightly sked.

I called to the xter site and spoke with an operator there to confirm this.
He assured me that this coming two nights the xter will be kept on, and a
positive report to keep it active in such way will be informed to the
Technical Manager in a few days.

I had previously reported that since March 1, CX6 on MW 650 had started 24h
operation. 9620, where CXA6 relays it, has always suffered great QRM from
Radio Exterior de España at nights, and people at SODRE didn't want to keep
the transmitter running under that powerhouse signal. But some operators at
the xter site began to keep it working after 0300, without official
confirmation from the Technical Manager.

As said, the new nightly prgm runs 0300-1000 and consists of a selection of
classical and light orchestral mx. QRM from the Servicio Exterior of REE (in
SP from Noblejas, with 350 kW) ends at 0500, and since this hour DXers could
find the best hour to log the Uruguayan.

The only problem is that power is a mere 150 W and modulation is not at
100%. The operators have been trying to preserve the transmitter, since
spare parts are getting to be scarce and no funds are devoted for the
maintenance of the SW.

Also modulation on the other outlet on 6125 (relaying MW 1050) xter is being
kept low.

Let me know your possitive loggings -if any- on this one to further report
to my friend at the station.

(Nigro-Uruguay, Jul 7)

Horacio A. Nigro
Montevideo - Uruguay