[HCDX] Counterpoise

Hi:

I have had pretty good luck with the counterpoise placed under the EWE
antenna. The pattern is really much better.
Since I had to shorten my NNW wire from 900 to 400 feet, I am thinking
of doing the same thing along the ground. I wonder if it would have the
same effect? Since I shortened the NNW wire, I feel the pattern may be a
bit more broad than I would like. The 2000 foot one I had was too sharp.
OK if you just want to hear the Yukon & Northern BC stations. It didn't
even do well on anything else including AK. Too sharp. When I shortened
it to 900 feet I picked up a German on 972 khz.
Does anyone know the effect a counterpoise has on a beverage? Has it
been tryed?
73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR